The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia is looking to extend its team. If you are interested in joining our team, have a look at the job opportunities below!
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) is a center for research, education, production and outreach, with the mission of imagining the future habitat of our society and building it in the present.
IAAC follows the digital revolution at all scales (from bits to geography, from micro-controllers to cities, from materials to the territory) to expand the boundaries of architecture and design and meet the challenges faced by humanity. IAAC is an experimental and experiential center where one learns by doing, through a test methodology that promotes real solutions.
IAAC is open, independent and radical; inspired by the values of Barcelona, the capital of architecture and design, where urbanism was invented and where a local high quality and innovation-oriented research is connected to an international network of excellence in technology, architecture and society fields.
IAAC, beyond its educational and pro-research work, is an interdisciplinary and multicultural stable community that seeks permanent contact and cooperation among the hundreds of teachers, researchers, institutions and companies that have worked with us or that pursue the objective of providing solutions to the great challenges of humanity.
IAAC team is a young, multicultural and multidisciplinary team of highly motivated architects, designers and engineers, focusing on the conception, design and production of novel projects and technologies.
IAAC has now opened the following Job Position:
Student Services Secretary
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to faculty and staff members, office workflow, academic support, appointments, correspondence, data compilation and records control. These duties may be of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Will deal with students requests and support, in conjunction with the Academic Secretary: certificates, administrative questions, diplomas; preparing adequate paperwork for students visas as needed.
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Receiving and sorting daily mail.
- Support in the purchasing and distribution of materials for the department.
- Legal documents: legalisation of diplomas, sworn translations, certificates, diplomas, agreements of varied nature.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Must possess tact, diplomacy and discretion in confidential matters.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate and plan for cyclical activities.
- Willing to learn and motivated.
- 2 years secretarial experience appreciated.
Languages: English, Spanish (Catalan appreciated).
Part time: 20 hours per week
Salary: 9k to 11k according to candidate profile.
Please send us your CV by the 10th of September 2021 to [email protected].