To apply for MAA01, MAA02, MAI, MaCT01, MaCT02, MRAC, MAEB, MDEF, MAA01 + OTF or OTF. Please click here to fill out the online application form.
For the online application, the following required documents should all be submitted in English, with the exception of the undergraduate diploma (All documents must be uploaded onto the designated space on the online application form in PDF format).
- A letter of intent expressing the reasons for which you wish to attend the chosen master – Written in English, PDF and with a maximum of one A4 page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Portfolio, showing samples of your work –maximum of 10MB.
- Two letters of recommendation (from professional or academic referees) – In English, PDF and with the corresponding referee contact information.
- A copy of your highest academic degree.*If you haven’t graduated and therefore your diploma is not available at the moment of your application, you will need to send a letter in English or Spanish from your University acknowledging that you are currently studying (name of the programme) and will graduate in (specific date).
- A copy of a valid passport (copy of valid I.D. is accepted for citizen of member states of the EU) *If you hold more than one passport bear in mind that the one you provide in the application form is the one IAAC will use for your acceptance letter and therefore the one you will use to apply for your Spanish visa (non EU students) and NIE (all students).
*- Bear in mind that you can apply with a copy of your title but if you are accepted you will be required to send a legalised copy of your degree and an official SWORN translation of it in Spanish. More info about SWORN translation and legalisation in the “FAQ” section.
* If you have not yet graduated, but will be graduating before the commencement of the academic year to which you are applying at IAAC, you are still eligible to apply. However, to complete the application process, you will need to provide the document explained in the section 5 above.
If you have any questions or doubts with regards to the application process, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
IAAC is happy to welcome prospective students to a series of Open Days, where they can visit IAAC and its facilities, meet faculty, alumni and current students and attend to a presentation of each academic programme (MAA01, MAA02, MAI, MaCT, MAEB, MRAC, MDEF, MAA01 + OTF, OTF).
Registration is mandatory.
Dates for 2016/2017
- 1st of December of 2017 – Registration form
- 9th of February of 2018 – Registration form
- 16th of March of 2018 – Registration form
The selection criteria is will be based on the following aspects
- Eligibility is given to applicants with an undergraduate degree in Architecture. However, as IAAC follows an unconventional trans-disciplinary agenda, a ratio of its students intake every year is designated to applicants who come from other academic backgrounds within the fields of the Arts, Engineering, and Design.
- Evaluation of the portfolio will be based on but not limited to the following points:
- The ability of the applicant to demonstrate analytical approaches and processes of their work, rather than merely showing the final result of the project.
- The ability of the applicant to demonstrate creative flexibility by working on multi-scalar projects, from object to city scale.
- The ability of the applicant to demonstrate flexibility of skills and a variety of tools applied to the presented work.
- In order for IAAC to maintain its multi-cultural environment, the admissions committee is encouraged to keep a balanced ratio of a diverse multi-national intake of applicants every year.
*Master and OTF applicants: depending on the IT (specific software knowledge) and other skills’ level of the student, the committee could establish as a mandatory requirement to enter the pre-course programme which is a 15-day program aimed at refreshing important information and skills to make sure the student is at the level required by the school. In some cases, and using the same criteria above, the pre-course programme may be be only “suggested”.
The selection process is as follows:
- You complete and submit the online application along with the required documents.
- We will get back to you to inform you about whether all your documents are correct, or if anything is missing or needs to be completed.
- Once the deadline passes, the academic committee will review all the applications received.
- A Skype interview might be organised between the applicant and the academic committee.
- If you have been accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter via email and mail.
- Accepted students will have a maximum of three weeks to confirm their enrolment to IAAC by proceeding with the down payment. (Note: down payments vary depending on the program the each applicant is admitted in. Please refer to the tuition fees section mentioned below)
- Accepted student are encouraged to carry out and follow though with their student VISA process as soon as possible. The process of issuing a VISA may differ from each country, therefore, enquire with the Embassy / Consulate of Spain based in your country regarding the documentation you need to prepare and submit. IAAC will support you with any documentation needed from our Institute to facilitate this process.
- There are three application deadlines to apply throughout the year:
- November 6th to January 2nd (No application fee)
- January 3rd to March 9th (€60 application fee)
- March 10th to April 30th (€120 application fee)
|Payments of remaining amount
|Payments of remaining amount
|Non EU: 18.750 €
EU: 13.125 €
|2.500 €||Non EU: 16.250 € no later than 01/09/18
EU: 10.625 € no later than 01/09/18
60%: 9.750 € no later than 01/09/18
40%: 6.500 € no later than 01/12/18
60%: 6.375 € no later than 01/09/18
40%: 4.274 € no later than 01/12/18
|Non EU: 25.000 €
EU: 17.500 €
|2.500€||Non EU: 22.500 € no later than 01/09/18
EU: 15.000 € no later than 01/09/18
60% 13.500 € no later than 01/09/18
40% 9.000 € no later than 01/12/18
60% 9.000 € no later than 01/09/18
40% 6.000 € no later than 01/12/18
|Non EU: 30.400 €
EU: 21.280 €
|2.500 €||Non EU: 27.900 € no later than 01/09/18
EU: 18.780 € no later than 01/09/18
35% 9.765 € no later than 01/09/18
30% 8.370 € no later than 01/12/18
35% 9.765 € no later than 01/09/19
35% 6.573 € no later than 01/09/18
30% 5.634 € no later than 01/12/18
35% 6.573 € no later than 01/09/19
|MAEB||Non EU: 19,250€
*Accommodation fees not included
|2.500 €||Non EU: 16.750 € no later than 01/09/18
EU: 12.025 € no later than 01/09/18
60%: 10.050 € no later than 01/09/18
40%: 6.700 € no later than 01/12/18
60%: 7.215 € no later than 01/09/18
40%: 4.810 € no later than 01/12/18
|Non EU: 16.000 €
EU: 11.200 €
|2.500 €||Non EU: 13.500 € no later than 01/09/18
EU: 8.700 € no later than 01/09/18
60% 9.600 € no later than 01/09/18
40% 6.400 € no later than 01/12/18
60% 5.220 € no later than 01/09/18
40% 3.480 € no later than 01/12/18
|Non EU: 22.250 €
EU: 15.575 €
|2.500€||Non EU: 19.750 € no later than 01/09/18
EU: 13.075 € no later than 01/09/18
60% 11.850 € no later than 01/09/18
40% 7.900 € no later than 01/12/18
60% 7.845 € no later than 01/09/18
40% 5.230 € no later than 01/12/18
|OTF||6.750 €||300 €||6.450 € no later than 01/09/18||–|
** You’ll be asked to pay a non-refundable down payment in case you have been accepted in order to confirm your enrollment. The down payment has to be carried out within the two weeks after receiving the acceptance letter via email.
IBAN – ES55 0049 6784 3226 1615 5632
SWIFT – BSCHESMMXXX
Holder : Institut d’Arquitectura Avançada de Catalunya.
Address: Via Augusta, nº182 (Es 08021 Barcelona)
There a number of ways to access scholarships and/or financial benefits:
- From 2018 IAAC will start giving competition-based scholarship to the top three projects of each category/master programme. The programmes giving scholarships this year are: Master in Design for Emergent Futures, Master in City & Technology, Master in Robotics and Advanced Construction, Master in Advanced Interaction and Master in Advanced Ecological Buildings. To learn more about the competitions and how to participate please click here.
- The Advanced Architecture Contest is a bianual competition by the Advanced Architecture Organisation that grants a full scholarship to the competition winner and prizes for the first and second runner-ups. Next competition will take place in 2020. To find out more about it please click here.
- IAAC Alumni Community (students from this institution who have successfully graduated from a Master’s Programme) have an automatic 40% discount from the *general tuition fee in all Master Programmes.
- Space10 is sponsoring a full scholarship for the Master in Design for Emergent Futures (2018). Interested applicants will have to submit written proposal for an idea that could enable a better, more meaningful and sustainable life for the many people within one of the themes outlined below, and that you would like to develop during the course. The deadline is March 10th 2018. Please click here to find out more.
*General tuition fee excludes special prices such as those provided by the EU students tuition price and/or scholarships.
You can find information on the different programmes through the following links on IAAC’s web page:
- MAA01 – 75 ECTS – October 2018 / June 2019
- MAA02 – 130 ECTS – October 2018 / June 2020
- MAI – 75 ECTS – October 2018 / June 2019
- MaCT01 – 75 ECTS – October 2018 / June 2019
- MaCT02 – 130 ECTS – October 2018 / June 2010
- OTF – 25 ECTS – September 2017 / February 2018
- MAA01 + OTF – 100 ECTS – October 2017 / February 2019
- MAEB – 90 ECTS* – September 2018 / August 2019 *pending accreditation
- MRAC – 75 ECTS* – October 2018 / June 2019 *pending accreditation
- MDEF – 75 ECTS* – October 2018 / June 2019 *pending accreditation
If you still have doubts you can come to visit IAAC during the next Open Day and check out our FAQ link.
If you still have any questions or doubts in selecting a programme, write us an email at [email protected], we will be happy to answer you within few hours and/or organise a Skype session with one of our Academic Coordinators.