For the online application, the following required documents should all be submitted in English, with the exception of the undergraduate diploma that needs to be translated into Spanish. (All documents must be uploaded onto the designated space on the online application form in PDF format).
- A letter of intent expressing the reasons for which you wish to attend the chosen master – Written in English, PDF and with a maximum of two A4 pages.
- Curriculum vitae and portfolio, showing samples of your work – Both documents in English, PDF, A4 format and portfolio with a maximum of 10MB.
- Two letters of recommendation (from professional or academic referees) – In English, PDF and with the corresponding referee contact information.
- Legalized copy of previous degree* or other related professional degrees. Please make sure that you arrange the legalization of your diploma as required depending on your country of origin. More info about degree legalization here. In the case of this document is not available at the moment of the application, please contact us.
- An official translation into Spanish of your diploma* (if the diploma is not in Spanish already). More info about official translations here.
- A copy of a valid passport (copy of valid I.D. is accepted for citizen of member states of the EU)
- Non-refundable application fee to be paid to the bank information mentioned at the end of this page under the section titled “Bank Information”
* If you have not yet graduated, but will be graduating before the commencement of the academic year to which you are applying at IAAC, you are eligible to apply. However, to complete the application process, will need to ask you to provide us with a provisional certificate from your University, in English, stating that you will graduate this year.
If you have any questions or doubts with regards to the application process, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
IAAC is happy to welcome prospective students on a serie of Open Days, where they can visit IAAC and its facilities, meet faculty, alumni and current students and attend to a presentation of each academic program (MAA01, MAA02, MAI, MaCT, MAA01 + OTF, OTF).
Registration is mandatory.
Dates for 2016/2017
The selection criteria is will be based on the following aspects
- Eligibility is given to applicants with an undergradaute degree in Architecture. However, as IAAC follows an unconventional transdisciplinary agenda, a ratio of its students intake every year is designated to applicants who come from other academic backgrounds within the fields of the Arts, Engineering, and Design.
- Evaluation of the portfolio will be based on but not limited to the following points:
- The ability of the applicant to demonstrate analytical approaches and processes of their work, rather than merely showing the final result of the project.
- The ability of the applicant to demonstrate creative flexibility by working on multi-scalar projects, from object to city scale.
- The ability of the applicant to demonstrate flexibility of skills and a variety of tools applied to the presented work.
- In order for IAAC to maintain its multi-cultural environment, the admissions committee is encouraged to keep a balanced ratio of a diverse multi-national intake of applicants every year.
The selection process is as follows:
- You complete and submit the online application along with the required documents.
- We will get back to you to inform you about whether all your documents are correct, or if anything is missing or needs to be completed.
- Once the deadline passes, the academic committee will review all the applications received.
- An Skype interview might be organized between the applicant and the academic committee.
- Within two weeks of each deadline we will inform each applicant whether he/she has been accepted.
- If you have been accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter via email and mail.
- Accepted students will have a maximum of two weeks to confirm their enrollment in IAAC by proceeding with the down payment. (Note: down payments vary depending on the program the each applicant is admitted in. Please refer to the tuition fees section mentioned below)
- Accepted student are encouraged to carry out and follow though with their student VISA process as soon as possible. The process of issuing a VISA may differ from each country, therefore, enquire with the Embassy / Consulate of Spain based in your country regarding the documentation you need to prepare and submit. IAAC will support you with any documentations needed from our Institute to facilitate this process.
- 1st Deadline: 31st of December 2016 (early bird offer: application fee is waived for this period)
- 2nd Deadline: 28th of February 2017 (60€ fee)
- 3rd Deadline: 30th of April 2017 (120€ fee)
|Payments of remaining amount
|Payments of remaining amount
|MAA01||18.750 €||2.500 €||16.250 € no later than Sept.1st 2017||60% 9.750 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017
40% 6.500 € no later than Dec. 1st 2017
|MAA01+OTF||25.000 €||2.800€||22.200 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017||60% 13.320 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017
40% 8.880 € no later than Dec. 1st 2017
|MAA02||30.465 €||2.500 €||27.965 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017||35% 9.787,75 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017
30% 8.389,50 € no later than Dec. 1st 2017
35% 9.787,75 € no later than Sept. 1st 2018
|MAI||16.000 €||2.500 €||13.500 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017||60% 8.100 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017
40% 5.400 € no later than Dec. 1st 2017
|MaCT||16.000 €||2.500 €||13.500 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017||60% 8.100 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017
40% 5.400 € no later than Dec. 1st 2017
|OTF||6.250 €||300 €||5.950 € no later than Sept. 1st 2017||–|
** You’ll be asked to pay a non-refundable down payment in case you have been accepted in order to confirm your enrollment. The down payment has to be carried out within the two weeks after receiving the acceptance letter via email.
IBAN – ES55 0049 6784 3226 1615 5632
SWIFT – BSCHESMMXXX
Holder : Institut d’Arquitectura Avançada de Catalunya.
Address: Via Augusta, nº182 (Es 08021 Barcelona)
You can find information on the different programs in the following links in IAAC’s web page:
- MAA01 – 75 ECTS – October 2017 / June 2018
- MAA02 – 130 ECTS – October 2017 / June 2019 (Thesis final submission in September 2019)
- MAI – 75 ECTS – October 2017 / June 2018
- MaCT – 75 ECTS – October 2017 / June 2018
- OTF – 25 ECTS – September 2017 / February 2018
- MAA01 + OTF – 100 ECTS – October 2017 / February 2019
If you still have doubts you can come to visit IAAC during next Open Day and check out our FAQ link.
If you still have any questions or doubts in selecting a program, write us an email at [email protected], we will be happy to answer you within few hours and/or organise a skype with one of our Academic Coordinators.