The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) is glad to launch a new Scholarship Competition for the next edition of our online Master in Advanced Computation for Architecture and Design (MaCAD), giving our master’s applicants the chance to win three partial scholarships covering 30% of the tuition MaCAD full program fee.
About the Master
Do you want to gain expertise in the application of the latest digital softwares for design simulation, analysis and optimization of digital data in architecture? Discover how to acquire a broad and advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of computational design within the MaCAD program.
Based on a Data Driven, Learning by doing and Design by Research methodology, the master offers a unique online educational experience creating a real-class “virtual” environment, based on a continuous, interactive and collaborative learning process.
Find out more on how to send your scholarship competition application, you have time until the 6th of June 2022!
MaCAD program duration
9 Months – From October 2022 to June 2023
“Designing Utopia and Dystopia”
How can our current design tools shape the way we will live in the future?
Participants are invited to develop their vision about the impact that the most advanced tools in computational design will have in the future, addressing one or more of the following theme questions:
- Can you envision how tools for Environmental and Structural Optimization will shape our world?
- Can you envision how BIM will transform our world?
- Can you envision how Artificial Intelligence in Architecture will change our world?
We encourage participants to unleash their imagination and come up with visionary utopias/dystopias project proposals driven by these three themes.
Using visual storytelling no longer than 60 seconds, square format animation as a medium, present your visions focusing on the transformative power of technology answering to one or more of the proposed competition’s themes.
Your animation or gif can make use of any technique to capture the essence of your concept by showing a transition from dystopia to utopia, or from present to your utopian vision of the future. We encourage candidates to make use of any parametric tools for your project submissions, although it is not mandatory.
Scholarship submission details
In order to participate in the MaCAD Scholarship Competition, candidates must:
- Submit a response to one or more of the above competitions’s themes in gif format, 60 seconds (max 50MB) for each question. You can decide to address your preferred competition’s theme questions, it is not mandatory to respond to all the three. Gif format: use any technique to produce the gif (Parametric, collage, or more), adopt a Square format.
- Submit a 200-300 word (max.) abstract to describe your project
- Fill the IAAC scholarship competition form below until completion.
- Please send your scholarship proposal to [email protected]. Subject line – MaCAD Scholarship application.
Competition eligibility requirements
To apply for the the MaCAD Scholarship Competition, candidates must:
- Hold a first-level academic diploma or Bachelor degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2021/22.
- Have a full proficient level in English
- Have previous knowledge in Rhino and Grasshopper
Please note that only individual entries are allowed and candidates can submit a maximum one proposal per topic (theme questions) for a maximum 3 responses overall.
MaCAD Scholarship Competition:
Three winners, each for 30% Partial Scholarships on the master tuition fee
(normal tuition fee for non-scholarship positions is € 8.500).
Competition submission deadline: 6th June 12:00 PM (UTC+2) 2022 (CLOSED)