- How can we create new conviviality through FOOD CYCLES?
- How can we scale-up FOOD CYCLES as models of co-design?
- How can FOOD CYCLES enhance the transformation of cities and territories?
CREATIVE FOOD CYCLES opens a call for good practices that express and materialise sustainable food cycles. It is for innovative and creative projects—realised and implemented—that emerge from digitalisation, advanced technological implementation, digital manufacturing, sharing and informal economies, innovative participatory processes, increased awareness of climate change, and advanced strategies for urban and territorial resilience. CREATIVE FOOD CYCLES—co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme 2018–20 of the European Union—aims to empower architects, product and communication designers, and cultural actors to assume a more proactive attitude, regarding food and its expressive capacity, as a cultural vehicle of identity, innovation and social integration, and to enhance circular economy.
The Catalogue will display innovative cycles of food culture from three perspectives:
- Food production to distribution (new cultivations and technologies, food 3D printing, etc.)
- Food distribution to consumption (new expressions of sharing economy in city, conviviality models etc.)
- Food consumption to disposition (expression of recycling for new design services and products, innovative packaging etc.)
3 top-ranked entries will be invited for a presentation at the Creative Food Cycles Symposium in Hannover in September 2020.
They will be published in the Food Interactions Catalogue. A travel subsidy of 300 Euros will be granted for each invited project. In case, the place will be given to follow up entries according to the ranking. 17 selected and ranked entries will be published in the Food Interactions Catalogue as open access online publication (with ISBN).
- Submissions until: 25 January 2019
- Jury meeting: 31 January 2019
- Announcement of results: February 2019
- Speaker’s confirmation for the Symposium: January 2020
- Language: English
- Eligible Projects: any project worldwide that is realised and implemented, corresponding to this call for good practices towards Creative Food Cycles.
- Eligibility of Submitters: author(s) of projects, or contributors, as much as participants, users, or observers of the projects.
- NOTE: the submitter does not necessarily have to be the author of the project.
- Submission requirements: please upload all the hand-in materials according to the format provided here: https://apply.iaac.net/applications/view.php?id=102001
- Copyrights: the submitted text is to be authored by the submitters only. Photographies are to be authored by the submitters, or a written permission of use for the publication in the catalogue and on the digital channels of Creative Food Cycles by the authors of the photographies has to be included. The authors of the project and project-related information must be correctly and comprehensively stated.
- Non-Eligibility/ Exclusion: violation of eligibility, submission requirements, or copyright.