Curators: Vicente Guallart & Fabio Capra Ribeiro
Date: Tuesday, May 11th, 18:00 (CET)
Location: Online – Zoom
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia presents the book of its 8th Advanced Architecture Contest. A global reflection to rethink human habitats at a time when the fight for life and climate allows us to consider how we would like to live in the coming decades.
The publication includes the more than 120 proposals that were sent to the contests and the winners have been invited to present their work during the event. This conversation will offer the opportunity to witness some of the solutions that a diverse groups o designer from all around the world have given to the current problems we are facing, including COVID-19.
18:00 – Presentation by Vicente Guallart
18:10 – Winners and selected proposals:
- First price: Suwapat Rodprasert and Pongpol Punjawaytegul
- Second price: Yvonne Asiimwe
- Third price: Aramis Corullo, Paula Carmela Casia, Angelo Landicho, Althea Poblete and Gellaine Marie Burgos
- Guest honorable mention: Yangchuan Tian
- Guest ginalist: Paulina Sevilla, Mariana Martins and Brice Franquesa.
18:45 – Conclusions by Daniel Ibañez, Mathilde Marengo and Fabio Capra Ribeiro
The Design for Living Book is now on sale at Actar Publishers