ScholarshipsBack to the list
SCHOLARSHIPS CONTEST 2018
MRAC offers 3 partial scholarships covering 50%, 30%, 20% for the tuition fee of the Master in Robotics and Advanced Construction – Academic year 2018. Please read the competition outlines and terms & conditions below. The awards will be given to the top 3 contestants respectively.
In a context of demographic explosion, resource scarcity and global warming, the construction sector needs to evolve towards faster, cleaner, efficient and more customisable building systems. On the other hand, the current trend of Industry 4.0 promises groundbreaking technologies: robotics, advanced materials, computational design, AI and cyber physical systems that could potentially transform the way we design, build and inhabit tomorrow.
Will Industry 4.0 bring us a better built environment ?
We want you to share your visions and experiments of this future, showing the potentials (or challenges) of a cyber physical construction industry. This year’s competition will bring the focus on wood, a natural material with a long tradition in construction.
What are the untapped potentials of wood that new technologies could unleash for our built environment?
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE
Format – PDF file, A3 format, 3 pages max (max10MB)
Deadline – 16/03/2018 – 23:59 (CET)
Submission link – Please submit your proposal here
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All the material must be result of an unpublished work developed entirely by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions – plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects do not meet the standards set by the institution to be defined by the jury.
- If awarded, the scholarship cannot be combined with other economic reductions.
- Scholarships are to be deducted from total tuition fee balance.
- Unclaimed scholarships could be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
- Winners accept part of their work/photo to be published on IAAC’s social media channels.
*Please note that in order for your scholarship application to be considered as valid, you must also apply through IAAC’s regular application process in following the instruction described in this link. If you have already applied then send an email to the Applications Coordinator ([email protected]) to communicate that you are also applying for a scholarship.
THE SELECTION COMMITTEE
The Jury will be integrated by master programme Directors, faculty, special guests and professionals coming from the different fields related to the topics of the competition.
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia will release the name of the winners on its official website and Facebook page on March 23, 2018.
MRAC IN BRIEF
EDITION: 1st edition
DIRECTORS: Alexandre Dubor and Aldo Sollazzo
DEGREE: Master in Robotics and Advanced Construction
CREDITS: 75 ECTS*
FULL TIME – 9 months – From October 2018 to June 2019.
PART TIME – 9 + 9 months – From October 2018 to June 2020.
Non EU 16 000 €
EU 11.200 €
TUITION FEE INDIVIDUAL MODULE: 6,000 €
ADMISSION: Engineering, Design or Architecture degree, Bachelor or higher degree from other related professions.