The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia is looking to extend its team. If you are interested in joining our team, have a look at the job opportunities below!
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) is a center for research, education, production and outreach, with the mission of imagining the future habitat of our society and building it in the present.
IAAC follows the digital revolution at all scales (from bits to geography, from micro-controllers to cities, from materials to the territory) to expand the boundaries of architecture and design and meet the challenges faced by humanity. IAAC is an experimental and experiential center where one learns by doing, through a test methodology that promotes real solutions.
IAAC is open, independent and radical; inspired by the values of Barcelona, the capital of architecture and design, where urbanism was invented and where a local high quality and innovation-oriented research is connected to an international network of excellence in technology, architecture and society fields.
IAAC, beyond its educational and pro-research work, is an interdisciplinary and multicultural stable community that seeks permanent contact and cooperation among the hundreds of teachers, researchers, institutions and companies that have worked with us or that pursue the objective of providing solutions to the great challenges of humanity.
IAAC team is a young, multicultural and multidisciplinary team of highly motivated architects, designers and engineers, focusing on the conception, design and production of novel projects and technologies.
IAAC has now opened the following Job Positions:
Fabrication Laboratory assistant :
- Helping students and staff to use the machines available in the lab
- Technical support on student projects & research projects
- Teaching assistant in Digital Fabrication
- Management of the student booking system (access and organisation of the lab machines)
- Basic setup, maintenance & upgrade of the lab and its machine.
- Participation in the development of applied research projects, Industrial applications, product design and knowledge transfer.
- Assisting with projects development of applied research, Industrial applications, product design and knowledge transfer.
Topics include :
- Digital Fabrication and related computational skills for Architecture and Design
- Robotic Fabrication
- Material research and performance
- FabLab management & accessibility
- Expertise in Parametric Design and Digital Fabrication tools ( Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper 3D, Processing, Arduino, Laser Cutter, Milling Machine, 3D printers, Industrial Robots etc.)
- Craftsmanship knowledge, applied to Architecture or design
- Autonomous, able to take on responsibilities and coordinate a team efficiently
- Willing to learn, motivated, enthusiastic and social
- Positive stress mindset
- Previous experience in managing students & interacting with a team.
- Previous experience in wood or metal workshop
Language: English (+ Spanish appreciated)
Visa status: Available
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, daily from 10.00 to 14.00 and from 15.00 to 19.00
Contract type : Full time (40h)
Position Commencement: January 2020
Salary : 18 to 22 K€ according to candidate profile…
If you are in Barcelona, or you are interested in moving to Barcelona, and working with us, please send us your CV and Portfolio by the 15th of November 2019 to [email protected]
Email subject should be: Fabrication Laboratory Assistant – Job Application