VALLDAURA DIGITAL FAB LAB MANAGER
We are looking for a Digital Fabrication Laboratory Manager for our Valldaura Labs Campus, who will be in charge of explaining how the Laboratory works, help students and all IAAC community with the use of machines, supervise and maintain all machine operations and tool-kits workshop, and managing the Lab inventory stock.
- Helping students and staff to use tools and machine.
- Technical support on students & research projects.
- Monitoring safety and appropriate machine use.
- Management of booking system for students organisation.
- Basic setup, maintenance & upgrade of the lab and its machines.
- Monitoring of supplies and materials storage and Inventory of Digital Manufacturing Consumables.
- Material research and performance
Minimum required Skills:
- Expertise in Parametric Design and Digital Fabrication tools (Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper 3D, CAD/CAM Software, Solidworks, Coding, Electronics, Arduino, Laser Cutter, Milling Machine, 3D printers, etc.);
- Previous experience in managing students & interacting with a team;
- Craftsmanship Experience and Knowledge;
- Woodwork Experience and Knowledge;
- Autonomous, able to take on responsibilities and coordinate a team efficiently;
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills;
- Willing to learn, motivated, enthusiastic.
- Fab Academy Diploma or experience in a Fab Lab Environment
- Own vehicle/ to be autonomous in relation to transport
Language: English (+ Spanish appreciated).
Working Hours: 40h per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Valldaura Labs. Parc de Collserola. Crta BV-1415 (d’Horta a Cerdanyola) Km 7 08290 Cerdanyola del Vallès
Contract type: Full time
Position Commencement: November 1º, 2019
Salary: 20.000-22.000 € per year
Spanish working permit is mandatory
If you are you are interested in working with us, please send us your CV and Portfolio by the 25th October to [email protected]
Email subject should be: Valldaura Digital Fab Lab Manager