This second edition of the event in El Hierro offers you the opportunity to understand how a small group of committed people turned the future of their 10,000 citizen strong island around. You will understand their reasoning, the financing mechanisms, the time lost and the projects that gained traction.
This unique meeting is limited to 40 people.
The cost is limited to €950*.
(* This price includes all conferences, all coffee breaks and lunches during the event, as well as transportation to some of the visits and some dinners. It does NOT include plane tickets, accommodation and breakfasts)
The Place: Rayuela House
“El Hierro is the prime European example of local economic development using what is locally available, responding to local needs and building resilience while generating jobs.”
– Gunter Pauli
What will we discuss
How did it start?
How was it financed?
What is the next step
Meet the people who can make the next phase of local development in El Hierro happen & participate on the congress, workshop, conferences and events.
Who will join?
– The key persons who transformed El Hierro
– The Blue Economy team that accompanied over years
– The urban designers who envision how to replicate
– The local economic development planners
– The systemic thinkers and do-ers
– The educators who inspire the children
– The movers and shakers who want to mainstream this
– The new generation of islanders who envision the next phase of sustainability on El Hierro
Chairs of the Event
The Blue Economy