Join IAAC at the Celebrations for the End of 2016 Academic Year
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia prepares itself for the end of Academic Year’s Celebrations. Ten appointments will fill up the two weeks from Friday 17th until Thursday 30th of June. Four locations, in Poblenou, city centre and Collserola Park will host lectures, presentations, exhibitions and ceremonies. You are all invited to join us for this celebration of Advanced Architecture before the summer break.
Final Presentations & Studio Exhibitions
Final Presentations for the Master in City & Technology, Master in Advanced Architecture MAA01 and MAA02 will be taking place this month. Each of the Research Studios will present to a selected international jury on the below mentioned dates. Stay in touch for being up to date on the jury members and program of each presentations.
During the four days after the presentations the projects of Advanced Interaction, Digital Matter Intelligent Constructions and second year Individual Thesis will be exhibited in the art galleries Studio P52 and Corretger5.
- Fri June 17th, 11.00 @IAAC: MaCT Design Studio Finals;
- Sun June 19th, 11:00 @IAAC: MAA Self-Sufficient Buildings Finals;
- Mon June 20th, 10:00 @IAAC: MAA Intelligent Cities Finals;
- Tues June 21st, 10:00 @IAAC: MAA Design with Nature Finals;
- Tue June 21st, 15:00 @P52: MAA Advanced Interaction Finals + Exhibition Opening;
- Mon June 27th, 10:00 @IAAC: MAA Individual Thesis Finals;
- Tue June 28th, 10:00 @Corretger5: MAA Individual Thesis Finals + Exhibition Opening;
- Tue June 28th, 15:00 @Corretger5: MAA Digital Matter Finals + Exhibition Opening;
Closing Lecture by Wolf D. Prix
Wolf D. Prix, Co-founder, Design Principal and CEO of the acclaimed international architecture studio Coop Himmelb(l)au will be closing the 2015/16 IAAC Lecture Series on Wednesday 29th of June with the lecture: The Himmelb(l)au Project. On the same evening will be inaugurated in IAAC’s main hall the collective exhibition of the student’s works, which will be open to public until September 2016.
Wednesday 29th of June, @IAAC:
- 18:00: Doors Open
- 18:40: Areti Markopoulou, Welcome
- 18:50: Hernán Díaz Alonso, Introduction
- 19:00: Wolf D.Prix, Lecture
20:30: Exhibition Opening & Refreshments
Graduation Party & Ceremony
On Thursday 30th of June more than 100 students from more than 40 countries will celebrate their graduation for the programs MAA, MaCT and OTF. The graduation Ceremony will take place at the Valldaura Self-sufficient Labs, IAAC’s Campus at Collserola Park, starting at 16:30, dinner and party will follow starting at 20:00. The party is open to external guests, please confirm your participation with an email at [email protected].
Thursday 30th of June, @Valldaura:
- 16:30: Welcome Speeches
- 17:30: Students’ Representatives Speeches
- 17:45: Diploma Ceremony (MAA01 + MAA02 + OTF)
- 19:30: Academic Excellence Awards
- 20:00: Food and Drinks
- 21:00: Party
Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia
Pujades 102, 08005 Barcelona
Pujades 52, 08005 Barcelona
Carrer de Corretger 5, 08003 Barcelona
Valldaura Self-sufficient Labs
Km 7 Carretera de Horta a Cerdanyola (BV 1415) Barcelona