Willy Müller graduated as an architect (1984) in Argentina and pursued doctoral studies at ETSAB-UPB (1986/88). He is a co-founder of the Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) in 2001, becoming its Development Manager in 2004. He established his own office in Barcelona WMA, Willy Müller Architects in 1996, a recognized architectural firm achieving several international awards in competitions as well as with built projects, featuring his work in numerous exhibitions.
He is the co-author of several books, including Sociópolis, Media House Project, the Metapolis Dictionary of Advanced Architecture, and the Self-sufficient Housing. “Müller himself is a professional of proposals, not only for buildings but also, as concepts.
- Co-Founder IAAC, Institute of Advanced Architecture of Catalonia.2003
- Director Urban Sciences Laboratory IAAC (since 2015).
- Director X-UrbanStudio, Master Advanced Architecture IAAC 2003/18
- General Manager Rio de Janeiro Metropolitan Master Plan. 2016/18
- Former CEO Barcelona Regional Agency, BR, 2011-2015
- Former Development Director IAAC, 2003/2007.
- Member Board of Trust IAAC Foundation (since 2003).
- Founder WMA-Willy Müller Architects SLP (since 1996).
- Visiting Professor Sci_Arc, Los Angeles, USA (since 2017).
- Director Operaçoes Urbanas Consorciadas, Fortaleza, Brasil 2017/18