Fabrication Laboratory Assistant – Robotics and Electronic Area
We are looking for an active, motivated person who knows how to support students and who transmits knowledge. A maker who knows how to use Rhinoceros and who is familiar with digital fabrication machines.
- Helping students and staff to use the machines and equipment of the Fabrication and Electronics Laboratory
- Technical support on students & research projects
- Teaching assistance in courses focused on Digital Fabrication & Electronics
- Management and organization of booking system for students use of laboratory machines
- Basic setup, maintenance & upgrade of the laboratory spaces and the laboratory machines.
- Participation in the production of applied research projects, Industrial applications, product design and knowledge transfer.
Technologies area include:
(one or more area to be fulfilled depending on candidates profiles)
- Robotic Arms
- Electronics Lab (Hardware & Programing)
- VR & AR
- Drones & rovers
- Communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to work closely with students and professionals
- Time management and organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Practical ability, manual dexterity
- Inspiration and innovation
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn, motivated, enthusiastic and social
- Expertise in Parametric Design, Digital Fabrication, Electronics, Physical Computing and relevant technologies of the lab (Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper 3D, Arduino, Python, Laser Cutter, Milling Machine, 3D printers, Industrial Robots, AR, VR, Drones, etc.)
- Previous experience in managing students & interacting with a team.
- Craftsmanship knowledge, applied to Architecture or design
English (+ Spanish appreciated)
Working Visa/permit for Spain:
40h per week, Monday to Friday, daily from 10.00 to 14.00 and from 15.00 to 19.00)
Full time or Part time according to the candidate’s profile
As soon as possible
18,000€ to 23,000€ gross annually according to the candidate’s profile
If you are in Barcelona, or you are interested in moving to Barcelona, and working with us, please send us your CV and Portfolio by the 15th of October 2022 to [email protected] Email subject should be: Fabrication Laboratory Assistant – Job Application
* Would you have the passion for this topic, but not yet the expertise and experience, we also have an open position in our new paid Internship program. The program offers the possibility to join the team of Laboratory assistants while learning new technologies and skills along every academic year, from September until June. The program concludes with a personal project that you can produce during the month of July. A compensation of 14,000€/year gross is available. If you are interested by the internship program, please send us your CV and Portfolio to [email protected], email subject should be: Fabrication Laboratory Internship – Program Application
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) is a center for research, education, production and outreach, with the mission of imagining the future habitat of our society and building it in the present. IAAC follows the digital revolution at all scales (from bits to geography, from micro-controllers to cities, from materials to the territory) to expand the boundaries of architecture and design and meet the challenges faced by humanity.
IAAC is an experimental and experiential center where one learns by doing, through a test methodology that promotes real solutions. IAAC is open, independent and radical; inspired by the values of Barcelona, the capital of architecture and design, where urbanism was invented and where a local high quality and innovation-oriented research is connected to an international network of excellence in technology, architecture and society fields.
IAAC, beyond its educational and pro-research work, is an interdisciplinary and multicultural stable community that seeks permanent contact and cooperation among the hundreds of teachers, researchers, institutions and companies that have worked with us or that pursue the objective of providing solutions to the great challenges of humanity. IAAC team is a young, multicultural and multidisciplinary team of highly motivated architects, designers and engineers, focusing on the conception, design and production of novel projects and technologies.