ScholarshipsBack to the list
SCHOLARSHIPS CONTEST 2018
MAEB offers 3 partial scholarships covering 50%, 30%, 20% for the tuition fee of the immersive Master in Design for Emergent Futures – Academic year 2018. Please read the competition outlines and terms & conditions below. The awards will be given to the top 3 contestants respectively.
What are the world’s wicked problems? We would like you to help us to identify the real ones, the ones that go beyond the instant gratification and to keep business as usual. We want to look into the fundamentals of our existing reality, and change it with interventions, with meaningful design, and with purposeful projects.
So for us is not about the best project you can submit, but also about identifying the worst problem you observe and want to solve by proposing new systems, platforms and interventions that help us to dissolve them, and not to create moonshots with good looking heroes.
If you want to be awarded to join the Master in Design for Emergent Futures, we need to know you first, and your observation skills, and your ideas to design our reality in a way that can produce different outputs.
Your project could be:
- A product
- A platform
- An intervention
- A new religion!
Help us to imagine emergent futures…
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE
Format – PDF file, A3 format, 3 pages max (max10MB)
Deadline – 16/03/2018 – 23:59 (CET)
Submission link – Please submit your proposal here
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All the material must be result of an unpublished work developed entirely by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions – plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects do not meet the standards set by the institution to be defined by the jury.
- If awarded, the scholarship cannot be combined with other economic reductions.
- Scholarships are to be deducted from total tuition fee balance.
- Unclaimed scholarships could be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
- Winners accept part of their work/photo to be published on IAAC’s social media channels.
*Please note that in order for your scholarship application to be considered as valid, you must also apply through IAAC’s regular application process in following the instruction described in this link. If you have already applied then send an email to the Applications Coordinator ([email protected]) to communicate that you are also applying for a scholarship.
THE SELECTION COMMITTEE
The Jury will be integrated by master programme Directors, faculty, special guests and professionals coming from the different fields related to the topics of the competition.
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia will release the name of the winners on its official website and Facebook page on March 23, 2018.
MDEF IN BRIEF
EDITION: 1st edition
DEGREE: Master in Design for Emergent Futures
DIRECTORS: Tomás Díez, Oscar Tomico
CREDITS: 75 ECTS
DURATION: 9 months from October 2018 to June 2019 – Full Time
Non EU 16.000 €
EU 11.200 €
ADMISSION: Bachelor or higher degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Urban Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Product, Material), Sociology, Anthropology, Economy, and other related professions.